The Student Advisors in the College of Arts can assist you in a variety of ways in planning your degree or helping with special applications regarding your course of study. For enquiries regarding these areas, please either send us an e-mail , make an appointment or drop in to the College office.
The following are the degrees and qualifications we can give advice on:
NB: For advice on other degrees, please contact the appropriate College or Board.
We can assist with
- Degree planning, including double degrees and double majors
- Explaining your course options
- Semester planning (e.g., work load)
- Understanding the University Calendar and degree regulations
- Advice on eligibility to graduate
- Transfer of credits from other New Zealand tertiary institutions
- Permissions to take courses elsewhere for credit to a UC degree
- Cross-crediting between several undergraduate degrees
- Transferring between degrees
- Approval of entry to courses and degrees
- Exemptions, such as waivers of pre-requisites or core-requirements
- Withdrawal from courses
- Part-time enrolment at Master's level
For various other student services please see the Current Students' website.
The individual Departments and Schools can help you with questions on which courses to take and will be able to advise with regards to course suitability. However, we can help you with the level of courses and the number of points you are required to take in order to qualify at the end of your studies.
For first contact, please send an e-mail outlining your enquiry or request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a letter to the following address:
College of Arts
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
One of us will then be in touch with you shortly.
If you would like to make an appointment to see one of us, please 'phone our administrator on 364 2176 or e-mail us at the address above.